Summary of the year 2019 with Alexis Loison, our Norman navigator.
« Overall I’m happy I had a good season, said Alexis Loison. It was a very busy year because I had to work with a new boat, which required a lot of preparation and adaptation. We didn’t have a lot of downtime between the different races. All the same, I managed to achieve my best ranking in the Solitaire Urgo le Figaro in 14 years of racing, so it’s a great personal victory! On top of that I ended my season with a victory in the Tour of Brittany, so that’s only positive. »
Alexis’ 2019 competitions, in brief :
- Sardihna Cup (double-handed with Frédéric Duthil): the duo won the first round of the race. They arrive in 11th position/34 in the final ranking ;
- Solo Maitre Coq: Alexis is off to a great start and is in 2nd position in the provisional general classification. Unfortunately he had to give up due to a back injury. The sailor wanted to save himself for La Solitaire ;
- Solitaire URGO Le Figaro : Alexis achieves her best ranking and finishes in 5th position ;
- Tour of Brittany: the duo LOISON / DUTHIL wins this race!
- National J70: Alexis wears the colours of the FIVA Group with a boat in her name and finishes in 4th position.
What about 2020?
« The idea is to always do better, says Alexis. My main goal is to win the Solitaire and I’m going to do everything I can to achieve that. Every year I get closer to winning and it comes down to little things that I have to keep working on. I know I can claim victory and I’m going to go for it! »